We are always on the lookout for talented individuals who enjoy working as part of a team. If you share our passion for hospitality, there may be a career opportunity for you within the Coco Collection family.
Nature & Scope:
German Lifestyle Host
French Lifestyle Host
Italian Lifestyle Host
The role of the Lifestyle Host is to deliver excellent personalized service that exceeds not only the expectation of the guest but will add a differentiating factor from the service provided anywhere else. The Lifestyle Host will always endeavour to ensure that the guest’s needs are met; whilst being a consummate professional with impeccable standards.
Principal Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
The candidate will be tasked with ensuring guest satisfaction, creating a memorable experience for the guest; providing hands on service in various aspects during a guest’s stay; arranging guest’s itinerary throughout stay such as excursions and culinary experiences; and being the source of information to any guest concerns or questions.
Profile, Qualifications & Experience Required:
Ideally, the successful candidate has butler training, with remote location and resort experience, international brand background and is from a 5 star environment.
The candidate must have a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in Guest or Butler Services in a 5* hotel/resort. The candidate should be young, energetic, proactive, dynamic, and out-going as well as adept in responding to guest issues. The candidate should have high service standards and be a team player, with a can-do attitude. The candidate should be able to both speak and write English fluently, in addition to their native language (as per job role). Practical working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Opera is required.
Due to the location, candidates of single status only, will be considered.
Coco Collections owns and manages a variety of extraordinary hotels in the Maldives, from private islands to beautiful boutique style hotels and retreats. At the core of Coco Collection are the six brand values that are present throughout all of its brands - surprising, proactive, Individual, responsible, inspiring and timeless. Coco is where nature meets luxury and we like to think, where life meets magic.
Coco Collection hotels are vibrant and authentic and our vision is to become the region's premier 'luxury holiday lifestyle' resort brand with a focus on service excellence, quality product, residential design and sustainability.
An opportunity exists for an experienced, passionate Food & Beverage Manager to join us and lead the F&B Function to success:
Leading the F&B Function and ensuring that the various outlets operate successfully and are individually profitable in accordance with the standards of the Resort/ Company. To be efficient and diplomatic in dealing with all situations involving any aspect of Food and Beverage where the reputation or image of the resort is represented.
Scope of Position:
The F&B Manager leads the Food & Beverage function for Coco Bodu Hithi, reporting directly to the General Manager of the resort.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Championing all F&B related functional disciplines and activities to include:
- Coordination of operational and administrative functions in all areas of the F&B Department
- Planning & Implementation of programmes, policies and procedures, Job Descriptions
- Preparation of the Departmental Operational Budget & CAPEX and its strict adherence
- Participation in the preparation of the Annual Business Plan, and Sales and Marketing Plans
- Close monitoring of profitability and service standard levels of all F&B outlets
- Participation in Public Relations activities, Sales calls or other promotional activities designed at enhancing the image and profitability of the Food and Beverage department and the resort
- Implementation & coordination of special promotions and activities that generate additional revenue and popular interest
- Monitoring and analyzing of activities and trends of competitors
- Remains ahead of trends in the Food and Beverage Industry and utilizes knowledge to enhance revenue and the guest experience
- Interacting with management of other departments within areas of responsibility and develops solid working relationships with them
- Building an efficient team, by taking an active interest in their training, development, safety and welfare
- A background in 5 star hotels and/or luxury resorts.
- Professional qualification specialising preferably in hospitality and/or Hotel Management
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in F&B including a minimum of 3 years at a management level
- Strong leadership skills, able to motivate, develop and inspire others. Previous experience leading a team.
- Experience working within a resort environment / remote locations highly regarded but not essential.
- Display's emotional maturity and sensitivity when dealing with others. Remains tactful and is able to professionally relate to colleagues at all levels in the company.
- A team player and a good role model within the Management Team.
- Previous experience and a good understanding of working in a diverse, multi-cultural environment.
- Strong analytical skills, both financial and non-financial.
- Operates with integrity, confidentiality and objectivity at all times.
- The preferred candidate will have experience in maintaining and enhance company culture and values.
- Resilient to remain self-motivated and inspire others to be fully engaged in the change process and achieve success.
- This is a great career opportunity to join an expanding group with new properties planned and further grow their career with the Business.
- Please note that this position is only really suitable for those people who are single or travelling on a single basis.
This position offers a tax free salary, accommodation, two R&R trip per year, generous leave provision, relocation assistance, annual flight home, additional discounts in the resort.
If you believe the above profile fits your talents and is a natural next step in your career, please forward your detailed CV (outlining your past work experience and achievements) and a covering letter to highlight why you are right for the role... to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application Deadline: 28th March 2014.
Due to the anticipated volume of applications we apologise, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To ensure achievement of the financial targets for the resorts, build an aligned brand presence in key markets, build positive commercial relationships with tour operators and preferred partners, and to set and monitor strategic goals.
To ensure all activities conducted are in alignment with corporate policy and in sync with company values.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The position reports directly to the COO.
The incumbent is charged with the overall management of the Sales team to include the Sales Manager and Sales Executives of key global markets, in addition to the Market Intelligence & Data Analyst.
The position is accountable for team management, the building of successful commercial relationships and the achievement of revenue based goals, set by and in conjunction with senior management.
The position is a corporate role, charged with leading the sales force for Coco Prive Kudu Hithi, Coco Bodu Hithi, Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu and Biyadhoo Island Resort. In addition to any and all future planned resorts owned/managed by Coco Collection.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
Key accountabilities and responsibilities for this designation include, but are not limited to the following areas of focus and activities. Direction may be given for additional tasks outside the scope of work described at the discretion of the Management from time to time:
Management of the Sales Team and GSA Network, Building successful relationships with partners, achieving company set goals and targets and environmental awareness.
Overall management of the sales team and international sales network.
- Coaches and mentors the sales team; providing guidance on decision making and rationale for the betterment of the business
- Conducts weekly reviews of sales personnel activities to ensure targets and sales objectives are being met
- Conducts yearly reviews of sales team, guiding team with one-to-one meetings including mid-year reviews and personal development plans
- Manages international GSAs, ensuring the approved sales & marketing plans are carried out and the desired goals are achieved including the use of preapproved company templates
- Comply with all monthly reporting requirements and present the monthly BRM
- Set targets per market for GSAs and Sales team to work towards and review quarterly
- Creates synergies between sales networks to drive better opportunities and market awareness
- Communicator between the sales team to ensure clear lines of communication are set and information is shared accordingly
Build successful commercial relationships with TOs and preferred partners
- Sets, assigns and monitors annual business plan targets per source market, per Tour operator partner
- Working with the Director of Marketing, ensure all joint marketing activities drive an agreeable rate of return
- Analyse market trends; develops and implements activities to capture market share
- Identify new and repeat business via travel agencies, commercial houses, private clubs and professional associations
- Provide flexible solutions to attract new and potential customers and manage existing partners
- Plan and execute sales trips to key partners in key markets
- Attend major travel functions, road shows, trade fairs and other management events to promote sales and awareness of the brand
- Manage and develop relationships with the key partners via regular communications and keeping up to speed with partners’ businesses
Achieve company set revenue targets
- Development of the annual budgets both rooms revenue and expense budgets in accordance with sales & marketing plans
- In consultation with the Director of Marketing, author and developer of sales and marketing plans for each property and in line with company strategic direction
- Sets and establishes the business mix from desired revenue channels and source markets
- Sets, assigns and monitors annual business plan targets per source market, per TO partner with targets.
- Ensure all activities drive an acceptable rate of return and track all ROI in regular reports to be able to make informed decisions
- Monitor competitor activities and provide benchmark analysis for our performance
- Create new business opportunities from strategic partnership relationships
- Strategic business thinker. Strategically evaluates and makes decisions based on data. Identify changing market conditions and introduces appropriate changes in sales and marketing strategy to meet or exceed customer expectations
- Proactive, business-focused, data-driven and ROI-minded maximize revenue and ensure competitive position in the market
- Maintains an awareness of the hotel’s market position. Researches competitor’s strategies to identify ways to grow occupancy and RevPAR and increase market share
Liaise with and Support Marketing and PR initiatives
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Marketing to ensure that the Sales team supports and adheres to the development of Coco Collection brands and sub brands
- Promotes brand reputation of all Coco Collection brands and refer potential media and the subsequent press enquiries and ideas for enhanced positioning of the group to assist with the positioning of the brands internationally
Environmental awareness and eco-respect
- Promoter of a paperless office environment by maintaining electronic filing and electronic signatures
- Communicator to our partners of our green initiatives to ensure they use these to benefit our positioning in the eyes of the consumer
PERSON PROFILE, QUALIFICATIONS AND DESIRED EXPERIENCE:
- To be considered for the role, the incumbent will have at least three years’ experience in Sales & Marketing within the luxury hospitality & hotel management segment together with proven experience in strategic thinking in a competitive sales environment.
- Bachelor degree or higher education certificate required in Business, Hospitality or Sales focus.
- Sales driven with a proven ability to close sales and achieve results, coupled with the ability to lead a team of sales professionals. The incumbent will be organized, disciplined, dedicated, loyal and a self-starter.
- It is also essential that the candidate possess’ top level business management, interpersonal, and facilitation skills; assertive but with a diplomatic approach to business with high level commercial & decision making skills.
- Strong verbal and written English is a must, with good practical knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows-based computer applications.
- The role is Male based however the incumbent must be willing to travel frequently to other locations as the business requires.
- Other languages desirable.
This is a general designation description and should not be viewed in any way as limiting the right of the management to assign other duties from time to time. Please do sign acknowledgement and acceptance in the section provided below: